Why become a member? ×

NGD - Squier CV 50s telecaster

Greggo

Nice one, I had one of these, excellent guitars whatever the cost, great pickups I thought. Ahead of several Mex fenders I have played and above both USA teles I owned. I am ashamed to say that I got rid of mine when I got the slight mickey taken out of me after turning up to an audition / jam for a new band. Put me right off my playing! Went on ebay the next day :blush:

[quote name='randythoades' timestamp='1389781703' post='2337749']
I am ashamed to say that I got rid of mine when I got the slight mickey taken out of me after turning up to an audition / jam for a new band. Put me right off my playing! Went on ebay the next day :blush:
[/quote]

That is unfortunately always going to be a sticking point with the Squier name on the headstock, regardless of how genuinely good they are. I'm probably going to shock people now when I say that I actually traded in a USA made Gibson SG to help fund this guitar (albeit a slightly damaged low price SG-X model which had one humbucker).

I've wanted a really good well made tele for so long and have been GASing after this particular model so the fact its a chinese made Squier does not bother me too much (I'm more of a home player these days so nobody will see my headstock :) )

I dont regret it and to be honest, this guitar feels better and sturdier than the Gibson ever did as its so well built. Plus its now my only electric guitar and is far more versatile - as I said the SG-X had one humbucker so playing a guitar with 2 pickups has opened up more tonal options for recording ideas :)

Edited by Greggo