Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic BC410

TomDuff

I am looking to replace my Bag End S-15D with a 410 cab and was thinking of the BC410, I would really appreciate peoples opinions, experiences, alternative suggestions etc. Definately looking for a 410 cab, ideally 4ohms and £400 or under. I will be running it with my Ampeg PF500 amp (until it cuts out).

Thanks in advance,

Tom.

Good luck with the [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Ampeg PF500, from what I'm hearing about them. I was thinking about going with a BC410, but I wasn't crazy about the rear porting, as compared to the front porting on an Ampeg SVT-410HLF cab. Also, the horn on the BC410 has no control on it. [/font][/color]

Hi, I have the BC410 powered by the TC BH500 head, using that you can control the tweeter, however the cab sounds great to me playing rock standards with no PA support in largish pubs, always sound big and powerful. I did previously have the Ampeg PF500 into my old Warwick 410 4 ohm, but it ran out of puff and died after 2 gigs. I'm in a band with the guy who used to run Bassmerchant, and he said that lots of people prefferred the BC 410 to the more expensive RS (?) series of cabs, hope this helps a bit. Never ran the Ampeg into the TC unfortunately!!

Thanks for the feedback guys, I am going to try one out soon (ish) and just hope I get lucky with the PF500. If it does die I hope it has the good grace to do it at rehearsal and whilst under warranty, then I will look into replacing it with the BH500.

Thanks again,

Tom.