Why become a member? ×

Replacement Necks/Bodies?

I've seen plenty of threads about with people suggesting replacment pickups and I know there's loads of different people, manufacturers and suppliers that we can get replacement hardware from but what about decent smooth necks and solid bodies with decent sustain and tone?

I'm planning on doing one of 'those' projects. Building a jazz bass very very slowly over a long stretch of time until it's got everything I could want in a sturdy workhorse of a bass.

As I'm in Wales Wizard 84's are a must.
I'm really really contemplating Kahler 2400 bass tremolo..........(anyone had a go?)
And just some decent tuning pegs, pots etc.

I'd like a jet black body and a whiteWHITE maple neck with no pickguard at all. A bit different but it looks sexy to me.

So far I've only really come across allparts and WDmusic but both are in the states and I honestly have no idea of the quality except that my local shop said that allparts were 'fine'.

There MUST be people in the UK that i've totally overlooked who'd be happy to sell me a JBass body and neck....(?)

Any ideas?

Ta,

Ben.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=248&st=0&start=0"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...t=0&start=0[/url]

Theres a few links in there to try. Ive always found ebay the best though.

On and Rondomusic, even though theyre in the US, they ship here and the quality and price is good.