Why become a member? ×

Status Energy 1 and Washburn XB400 FS/ FT

Geejay

It has been decreed in the Geejay household that my guitars and basses have all got to go. :)

I am however allowed to replace them with one good one. :huh:

I play in a big band and am after something more traditional to replace the two of them with a single bass, probably a passive Jazz. Looking for a sale or trade, with or without cash adjustment. What do you have for me?

The first to go are:

A headed four string Status Energy 1 (number 2601) from the mid '90's in black. The body has some buckle rash and other finish marks from the previous owner. The the rock maple graphite reinforced 24 fret neck is clean and plays well.

Value about £350 Offers?

[attachment=954:IMG_0736.jpg]
[attachment=955:IMG_0755.jpg]

I also have a Washburn XB 400 Bantam in bookmatched red. Active with twin soapbars it has a 24 fret maple neck with r/w board and plays very well.

Value about £250 Offers?

[attachment=956:IMG_0730.jpg]

:huh:

Geejay

Edited by Geejay

• 3 weeks later...

washburn xb400 - bantam!

what a bass! it was the bass player from extreme's signature model/series...

was a great bass for recording, sounded superb direct into the desk!

I parted with mine many moons ago and slightly regret it.

good luck

andy

It is only lack of room that is forcing my hand. I bought it used from a shop that was just setting up. The owner put it in the window with two guitars just to fill it whilst he refitted the shop. I tried it unplugged in the empty shop whilst he carried on with the decorating. I loved the tone of the wood and the looks and feel and bought it there and then. Now ten years on I won't sell it for peanuts but a fair price/ trade will get it.

Thanks for the support. Some people say they have a thin sound but anyone who's heard this ones likes it enormously.

geejay

Never a thin sound...articulate and rich tone brought about by the active humbucking soapbars...

Mines was thunderous and was well received by any sound technician when playing through house PA.

my one was the faded red like the Gibson SG specials.

[quote name='andy67' post='32290' date='Jul 15 2007, 11:23 PM']Never a thin sound...articulate and rich tone brought about by the active humbucking soapbars...

Mines was thunderous and was well received by any sound technician when playing through house PA.

my one was the faded red like the Gibson SG specials.[/quote]

Thanks for that.

Anyone interested in either bass? Always open to negotiation.

Geejay