Why become a member? ×

eBay guts

AndyBass

Anyone got any experience of the cheap gut strings from Nottinghammusicshop on eBay? Whilst I'm sure you get what you pay for, I just want to get a feel for a D and G paired with some Lamberts or Innovations on my bass (played that setup on someone else's and sounded/played really good) and don't have cash to throw around on better quality strings.

So are they worth a go as an entry to guts or are they figuratively, and possibly literally, dogs? Just to reiterate I know they won't be great, but I don't have money for better just now.

Alternatively if anyone has a gut d and g they'd part with for a reasonably modest sum, please let me know!

I've no experience of those particular guts but I've got one of my basses strung with a full set of £40 (in total..) gut strings I got from ebay a few years ago from an indian supplier - no problems at all with them, great classic gut sound / feel and most people who've tried the bass have liked them..

Bearing that in mind I think £100 for an unbranded set is a bit pricey - it might be worth keeping a watch on ebay for others..