Why become a member? ×

Eden wt 550 clipping

Dev70

Hi guys , bought the eden 550 wt off eBay a couple of months ago tried it out for the first time at a gig last night through an emeness 210 only using it for back line in function band had gain set at (clock face) 11 o'clock & master 11 o'clock so wasn't driving it hard biut output clipping kept flashing throughout gig ?? Any advice appreciated cheers ps i didn't mess with eq to much added a little touch of bass and rolled off some treble

Sorry to report that I had the same problem with the WT500. Fantastic tone from the thing but clipped in a nasty way far too early for me. I sold it on soon after.
Apologies for not being of any help at all but that was my experience.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a limiter - think its default is on. It may be the limiter activating..so its doing its job and warning you rather than getting critical.

Can you hear it clip, or is it warning you its getting close? Also, is the cab a 4ohm one? I found my old WT400 was happy pumping it out at 8ohms but got hot and bothered at the same sort of volume into a 4ohm load.

I'd suggest (as above) setting the input as high as you can, and the master only as far as you need it…and going very gentle on boosting the low end.