Why become a member? ×

Sold: FS/FT Warwick Streamer Stage II 5-string (2003)
£1300

johnthebassist

£1300 exc. shipping.
2003 Warwick Streamer Stage II 5-string

Origin: Made in Germany, 2003
Body: Afzelia
Neck: Thru-neck, 7-piece laminate (Afzelia & Ovangkol)
Fingerboard: Wenge with "Yin Yang" inlays
Weight: 9.5lb
Condition: 8/10

[attachment=150422:IMG_5365.jpg][attachment=150423:IMG_5368.jpg][attachment=150424:IMG_5371.jpg][attachment=150425:IMG_5359.jpg][attachment=150426:IMG_5361.jpg][attachment=150427:IMG_5353.jpg][attachment=150428:IMG_5354.jpg][attachment=150429:IMG_5355.jpg][attachment=150430:IMG_5357.jpg][attachment=150432:IMG_5345.jpg]

This is a simply superb bass and has done me proud over the last couple of years. I've had so many compliments from sound engineers and fellow bassists, but regrettably I need to turn it into a USA Fender Jazz Deluxe V.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NDcH05KyR4"]Here's a Youtube clip of a track we recorded with this bass.[/url]

This bass isn't mint (it has a couple of dings here and there) and as is fairly common for the Just-a-Nut II, one of the retaining clips is missing, though the nut stays firmly in place thanks to string tension and two pins in the back that prevent any lateral movement. Some of the gold colour has also begun to fade from the hardware (through polishing, I think). I've tried to reflect all of these points in the photos.

It comes complete with the original tools, manual, hang tags, the end of a tin of Warwick wax and the Warwick/Framus branded cloth to apply it with. The only bit missing is the hard case.

I'd prefer a local sale, due to the case issue. I am prepared to ship, but I'll need to source a new hard case to send it in.

I bought it for £1300 in 2011 and that's what I'm looking for now. I'm open to a trade for a USA Fender Jazz Deluxe V, preferably with a rosewood board and block markers.

Any questions/offers, please give me a shout.

Cheers!

John

Edited by johnthebassist

Last night I walked into our lounge to hear a faint, mournful song emanating from my bass-stand...

"It'll be lonely this Christmas
Without you to hold (me)
It ll be lonely this Christmas
Lonely and cold
It ll be cold, so cold, without you to hold (my super solid thru-neck and deliciously carved, resonant body)
This Christmas."

I'm heading to Cornwall for Christmas. Bass has no company. So cold. Poor bass. Bass will work for bee's wax.

• 2 weeks later...