Why become a member? ×

2010 SVL Fifty-Seven Stratocaster /// Hiscox Case
£1800

[color=#333333]2010 SVL Fifty-Seven Strat, built by Simon Law with the best quality woods/components you can get! Visit SVL Guitars website for more info on the company, and you can see this particular one on his homepage. He builds guitars and techs for Tone-Hound Matt Schofield, who used this one live on at least one occasion. [/color]

[color=#333333]The neck is Quartersawn Maple, with 6100 jumbo frets and a slight V, with a compound radius Fretboard (more vintage at the pointy end for chords, flatter for lead work higher up).[/color]

[color=#333333]Unless i'm very much mistake the body is Alder, with a vintage spec Nitro Finish...it's thin, this guitar has done 4 years of work for me and it shows, especially around the bottom end of the guitar. There is a slight mark where the trem arm brushes the body, and various places where the finish has started to come off a little. [/color]

[color=#333333]Hardware is Callaham, and all the wiring a pots are of the best standard. Amalfitano pickups, and the bottom tone knob is actually wired as a neck blend, allowing the selections of neck and bridge, or all 3 pickups in addition to standard strat selections. Tonally it covers all of the famous Strat sounds, and especially shines with a Jimi 'Spank' on the neck pickup! [/color]

[color=#333333]Simon is a busy man, teching for Larry Carlton and Robben Ford on occasion, so wait times are 6-8 months for a build, and will put you back £2600. I Will include a Hiscox case and can either include Dunlop Straplocks or Vintage strap Buttons. This is one of the finest vintage style strats money can buy. [/color]

[color=#333333]I am selling this along with many other Fenders/Fender style guitars, as due to the dreaded RSI/Tendonitis kind of problems that have also stopped me playing bass for the time being, I find it far easier to gig with shorter scale guitars these days[/color][color=#333333] [/color][color=#333333], otherwise i would not let this go... until recently it was my 'for life' guitar. [/color]

[color=#333333]Any questions please get in touch, I am happy for you to try it out, and have a rehearsal room where it can be thoroughly put through it's paces in Exeter. I have plenty of photos for anyone interested.[/color]

[color=#333333]I'm looking for £1800 ONO[/color]

[attachment=149842:SVL%2057%20PICTURE2.jpg]
[attachment=149843:IMG_1502.JPG]
[attachment=149845:IMG_1506.JPG]

Edited by knicknack

• 2 weeks later...