Why become a member? ×

Fender 70's Jazz Bass - Mint SOLD
£395

xzodar

Hi All

Up for [s]sale[/s] SOLD (subject to the usual) is my lovely Fender MIM 70's Jazz bass in black with blocks and binding on the neck.

Pictures are available at the link below.

[url="https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A15oqs3qGccl8T"]https://www.icloud.c...#A15oqs3qGccl8T[/url]

The bass has just had a recent full setup and is lovely to play with a great neck. Mainly used for home practice with only occasional gigs this bass is in pretty much mint condition as far as I can see with no nasty scratches or dent's and only very light use marks.

Currently sporting a Black Pearl pick guard (from the Bass Doc) the bass will be supplied with the original white pick guard if required and comes in the originally supplied Fender deluxe gig bag.

The currently fitted Schaller strap locks will be replaced with the original strap buttons.

Collection from North Bristol preferred although I am happy to meet half way with anyone up to an hours drive from Bristol if required. Priced to sell. Tradewise I would be willing to add cash for a Yamaha BB1024X in similar condition.

Thanks for looking. Please PM me with any additional questions etc.

Further specs below.

[b] Fender '70s Jazz Bass (Black)[/b]

Fender's ’70s Jazz Bass captures the essence of the decade, defined by striking cosmetics and a bright, full sound.
The ’70s saw the repositioning of the bridge pickup closer to the bridge, creating a brighter tone that cut through mixes more. The biggest cosmetic upgrade came in the form of gorgeous block inlays and neck binding, which are highly sought after by many bassists. The bullet truss rod completes the look.
Seventies-era Jazz Bass guitars are widely regarded as the basses built for funk. The offset waist, ultra-slim neck and vintage-style alnico magnet Jazz Bass single-coil pickups all make this bass very comfortable and familiar.
[b] Fender '70s Jazz Bass Features:[/b]
[list]
[*][b]Body[/b]: Alder
[*][b]Neck[/b]: Maple, ‘70s “C” Shape, (Gloss Urethane Finish)
[*][b]Fingerboard[/b]: Rosewood, 7.25” Radius (184 mm)
[*][b]No. of Frets[/b]: 20 Vintage Style Frets
[*][b]Pickups[/b]: 2 Vintage Style Jazz Bass Single-Coil Pickups with AlNiCo Magnets
[*][b]Controls[/b]:
[list]
[*]Volume 1. (Neck Pickup),
[*]Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup),
[*]Master Tone
[/list][*][b]Pickup Switching[/b]: None
[*][b]Bridge[/b]: American Vintage ‘70s Precision®/Jazz® Bass with Single Groove Saddles
[*][b]Machine Heads[/b]: Vintage ‘70s "Fender" Stamped Open-Gear Tuning Machines
[*][b]Hardware[/b]: Chrome
[*][b]Pickguard[/b]: 3-Ply Black on 3-Colour Sunburst, 3-Ply White on Black
[*][b]Scale Length[/b]: 34” (863.6 mm)
[*][b]Width at Nut[/b]: 1.50” (38 mm)
[*][b]Unique Features[/b]: White Fingerboard Binding, White Pearloid Block Inlay, Synthetic Bone Nut, Vintage Styling, "Bullet" Truss Rod Adjustment Nut, 4-Bolt Neck Plate
[*][b]Strings[/b]: Fender Super Bass 7250ML, Nickel Plated Steel
[*][b]Gauges[/b]: (.045, .065, .080, .100),
[*][b]Accessories[/b]: Deluxe Gig Bag
[/list]

Edited by xzodar