Why become a member? ×

Hipshot Xtender for Vintaged Modified Jazz Bass

DaveMuadDib

Hey guys, I'm looking to install a Hipshot Xtender on my Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass so I can go to drop D without faffing around. But this'll be my first xtender - does anyone know exactly which model I should go for? I emailed Jason at Hipshot, and he reckons it's the BT1 that I need, but the he6c (1/2" Clover) and the BT7 also look like potential matches. Considering the price and the shipping from America, I want to get this just right! Thanks!

Why not post a pic of the back of your headstock - easy for us to make a judgement then.

Bass parts resource (search it) is quick and the exchange rate is good.

Ant the printed instructions are crap but the video on the hipshot website is useful.

[quote name='Dave_MuadDib' post='226115' date='Jun 24 2008, 07:05 PM']Not that I'm aware of... not really sure what that means :) I think they're just standard.[/quote]

Hi, There's a company in the UK called Bass Guitar Parts Direct that sell the BT1.

[url="http://www.bassguitarpartsdirect.co.uk/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=58&cat=Hipshot+%27D%27+Tuner+Bass+Machines"]http://www.bassguitarpartsdirect.co.uk/sho...r+Bass+Machines[/url]

If you click on the image there is also a link to the Installation Demo.

Hope this helps.

Cheers for all the advice, guys! Jason from Hipshot is pretty adamant it's the BT1 i'll need, but I might need to drill new mounting screw holes. I'll be ordering one at midnight - if for any reason I shouldn't, let me know by then, or forever hold your peace!

*UPDATE*

Just placed my order for the BT-1. Still, the 7 seems very appropriate, but Hipshot seemed positive that the BT-1 is the right choice for me. Too late now anyway :) Got it for £35.16 from a reputable seller on ebay, brand new and postage included. Pretty good!

Edited by Dave_MuadDib