Why become a member? ×

ON HOLD - Warmoth 'Deluxe 5' neck for Fender basses
£150

[b]Warmoth 'Deluxe 5' neck for Fender basses[/b] (Licenced by Fender)

I had this neck on my Fender Jazz Deluxe 5-string for a while until I sold it, it which point I removed it and fitted the original neck back again. It's been hanging around for a while with no purpose so I thought I'd move it on.

Spec:[list]
[*]Maple neck with Pau Ferro fingerboard. This has a lighter colour than rosewood.
[*]Nut width 44.5mm (1 3/4") - I found this more comfortable than the wider original nut on the Jazz.
[*]22 frets (6105 size).
[*]Corian or bone nut (invoice says bone).
[*]Finish is vintage tint gloss.
[*]No front or side dot markers
[*]Neck width at body (neck pocket) end: 73.9mm
[*]4+1 tuner configuration. Holes are 17mm. Reverse of headstock is drilled to take the two pegs from the plastic bodied lightweight machines that are fitted to the Fender Deluxe basses (see image below).
[*]
[*]There are holes in the front of the headstock for Fender bar-style string trees.
[*]If I remember correctly, the neck was supplied with undersized tuner holes and I had to enlarge them to fit the tuners from my Jazz. There was a slight cock-up with the 'D' string, where the first few mm of the hole are slightly oversized. This doesn't notice when the tuners are fitted as it is covered by the upper flange. You can see this on the photos.
[/list]
The cost of the neck was $336. I think with all the VAT and other import fees, the total delivered cost was about £270.

They are great quality necks, very stable, and just as good as the Fender original in my opinion. I have a identically spec'd Maple/Maple one on my Warmoth P/J, which is my main bass (I actually prefer it to my Lakland!).

Edited by morgano