Why become a member? ×

ON HOLD: Hipshot 'A' style 5-string bridge
£65

[b]Hipshot 'A' style 5-string bridge[/b]

I bought this some time ago directly from Hipshot for a project. In the end I never used it, so it is basically new and unused.

It is the 0.687" string spacing version (approx 17.5mm). The spacing is adjustable to some degree. The rollers that the strings pass over can be slid from side to side and then locked into the desired position.

Can be strung thru-body or conventionally.

This is finished in Chrome. I'm pretty sure that it is the brass version (rather than the aluminium), judging by the weight and the price on the original invoice.

There are some very minor scuff marks between the B & E strings - if you look closely you can see it in the photo. There's a possibility they might polish out if it bothers anyone.

These are a great quality bridge, beautifully machined. Fitting screws and allen key included.

Can post for a cost of £5.

Edited by morgano

• 5 weeks later...

[quote name='BruceBass3901' timestamp='1386104851' post='2295937']
Roughly how much adjustment is there in the string spacing? The main measurement I am interested in is how tight the two outermost saddles can get
[/quote]

With the saddles centred, the string spacing is about 17.5mm. From the centre position each saddle has about 1.25mm of adjustment each way. So you could get the two outer strings to 15mm spacing if you wanted.

[quote name='such' timestamp='1386369665' post='2299513']
I'll take it off you right after xmas if you still have it by then.
[/quote]

Another option - if you want to secure it with a deposit now & pay the balance after Xmas I'm OK with that.