Why become a member? ×

eBay rip offs!

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1382028221' post='2246924']

Do you know the seller or have history with the bass?
[/quote]

Not personally, could tell by the why he was acting when I asked about the truss rod there was something fishy with it, as he kept using the phrase "as is". Mind you a nice G&L 1984 SB-1 is abit fishy at £550 don't you agree?

TBH most folks looking at that will see the pic of the crack in the fingerboard, read his patter about high action and the bit about the truss rod... then they'd walk away even if it was £400! A quick trawl through BC seems to show that BCers would be happy to pay £600-£700 for an SB1 in decent nick so I'd not imagine that bass will get many bites from members on here (unless they have a spare G&L neck). ;)

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1382028849' post='2246934']
TBH most folks looking at that will see the pic of the crack in the fingerboard, read his patter about high action and the bit about the truss rod... then they'd walk away even if it was £400! A quick trawl through BC seems to show that BCers would be happy to pay £600-£700 for an SB1 in decent nick so I'd not imagine that bass will get many bites from members on here (unless they have a
spare G&L neck). ;)
[/quote]

Yeah, just wanted to let the community know! Don't wanna see someone waste hard earned cash on a bass that ain't right! :)

I think the guy is being straight enough. Just had an exchange where I explained how the ebay system works and he has edited it to spares or repair. He just doesn't know. If he sells it as 'used' it assumes all working and you can claim against him via ebay, now listed as spares or repair, can't claim he's pretending its probably good, pretty much assume the worst.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1382039979' post='2247199']
I think the guy is being straight enough. Just had an exchange where I explained how the ebay system works and he has edited it to spares or repair. He just doesn't know. If he sells it as 'used' it assumes all working and you can claim against him via ebay, now listed as spares or repair, can't claim he's pretending its probably good, pretty much assume the worst.
[/quote]

Yeah all good then. Such a nice bass too, shame about the issues. Been debating with myself whether to aim for an old G&L or an old fender jazz bass. Just wanted to make sure people knew. And the as long as the guys sorted it issue resolved. Cheers guys! :)