Why become a member? ×

'nother noob

4string

Hi,

I've just found the site and, of course, signed up :)

I'm a 40something that's only been playing a couple of years; though I have been a (wind of various guizes) musician for many years.
I enjoy most flavours, rock, jazz, blues, funk 'cetra.

I've gigged in local pubs a few times (and great fun it is too!) but my mate got a better paid job solo, so I'm not talking to him any more :huh: or gigging at the mo.

I've got 5 basses, much to the chagrin of my wife ("you can only play 1 at a time..."), One I can only describe as a plank of wood, but hey! It got me started and fired up enough to stay with it :huh: I've also got a Washburn T24 (now fitted with piccolo strings - just to see how it would sound - not what I expected but ok), a fretless Warwick Rockbass Corvette Classic, a MIM Fender Jazz (defretted) and an America S1 Jazz. Amps: Trace Elliot Series 6 TE2007 head, Behringer BX4500H head, TE 15" cab and Behringer 2x10. Fortunately, I've got an office I can make a noise in, 'er indoors won't let me play them in the house lol!

That's about it really, 'cept if anyone in the Hartlepool area needs a (slightly greying) lowender with loads of enthusiasm :huh:

Cheers