Why become a member? ×

In search of 'planet TAB'

spog

The band I've just hooked up with don't really play the kind of stuff I'm into. As a lazy (ish) non-music reading sloth, what is my best source of bass TABs for stuff like, say, Heartbeat by Scouting for Girls? Guess I[i] could work this lot out for myself, but I have a lousy 'ear' and tend to interpret stuff an octave lower than it is actually played. :)

I was recently introduced ( via this site ) to Guitar Pro that uses midi files to play back the songs on the software. All the instruments can be "soloed" so you can isolate the bassline and it gets my 100% recommendation ( it also shows the tab as well so you can watch as you listen/play along )

Thanks for that. I've downloaded the trial version, but can't make a lot of sense of it at the moment. Do I take it I should be able to import the TAB for just about any track ever recorded? I put in Go Buddy Go by the Stranglers (just as an experiment) and back came Buddy Holly and nowt else! When I pressed what I thought was the button to download it I found myself back on the original page trying to decipher 'high-speed blues' played (and I'm not exaggerating here) at about 350 bpm! :) Looking like hard work at the moment. By theway, how much does this stuff cost for UK use?

[quote name='tonybassplayer' post='222629' date='Jun 20 2008, 07:27 AM']I was recently introduced ( via this site ) to Guitar Pro that uses midi files to play back the songs on the software. All the instruments can be "soloed" so you can isolate the bassline and it gets my 100% recommendation ( it also shows the tab as well so you can watch as you listen/play along )[/quote]

If you want tabs then I would suggest [url="http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/"]http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/[/url]

Obviously the standard varies but the rating system makes it pretty easy to spot the better ones.