Why become a member? ×

GK MB800 Level A / Level B Question

Guest MoJo

I have had my MB800 for a few months now and am very pleased with it. When I got it, I played with the two pre-amp channels briefly and believed them to be two identical channels, used to set two different volume levels.

This morning I downloaded the manual and apparently, the 'B' channel is a Boost channel which can be used to add that characteristic GK 'gnarl'

I'm going to have a bit of a play with it tonight but could any MB500 / 800 users give me some ideas how they set theirs up?

Cheers

Hi Mojo - You set them up much like a guitar amp. Set Channel A as you would with your normal clean sound. Then set up the channel B by boosting the gain. As you advance it, obviously the output goes up so you'll need to pull the channel B level down. If you push that Channel B gain up far enough you'll get a bit of preamp drive happening and that 'gnarl', but the point of the B volume is to balnace the eventual B channel tone with the level of A. When you switch between the two you'll have a cleaner sound and a dirty-er sound. You could of course set the levels differently and use B channel as a solo boost too.