Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

'Bodybeat' metronome

Just received an email from Astrings which featured this new metronome, looks like a good idea like having a kick drum thumping you in the back you feel it rather than hear it

[url="http://www.astrings.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/205"]link[/url]

sounds a bit gimicky. The blurb talks of not being distracted by the sound of a metronome, but isn't the point of having a metronome running so that you can keep the tempo accurate? and if you're being distracted by the click then you're obviously not concentrating on it, so why have it switched on in the first place?

Actually It doesn't seem such a silly idea. if you're really unsure about your timing then you could wear one of these at a gig , although as bassists we usually have our own metronomes aka drummers. Maybe more useful to drummers for this use.

I wouldn't buy one tho, whenever I'm practicing my timing and rythm I use Guitar pro to play the drums. firstly it's more interesting than cick, click, click and secondly I think it helps to feel the rythm, and get used to playing with a drummer (strange that :)). When you get on stage you don't wanna be thrown by syncopated patterns n suchlike.