Why become a member? ×

Ashdown grill styles.

Maude

Only a silly question really, but it's made me wonder.
I have an Ashdown Perfect Ten mini rig, the one with the separate head and two 10" cabs, I really like it as it's just used for very small gigs and stage monitoring at bigger gigs. Having two small cabs makes it really flexible as a monitor and another added bonus is my DB sounds awesome through it and it doesn't mind a piezo straight in.
Anyway, I digress, the metal grills on the cabs are perforated with interlocking Ashdown logo shaped cutouts to create the 'mesh', and I thought this was the norm. A bass player from another band used mine and ended up getting one for himself and I noticed that his only has a conventional criss cross diagonal metal grill. I've been on the lookout for a cheap one as a backup and have never seen another one with a 'Ashdown logo' grill, they are all conventional criss cross jobbies.
Does anyone know why they are different, early or late, UK or Far East, I dunno.
I like mine and would like the back up to be matching if poss so I could use all four cabs together if the need ever arose.