Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn
£1050

BenTunnicliffe

This bass is no longer for sale due to a huge change in circumstances. I will post it here rather than ebay or anything if I do come to sell it in the future. Sorry to anyone who was following the topic, I've not closed a sale in the past and really didn't know I'd ever need the bass again but apparently I do. Cheers, B

Edited by BenTunnicliffe

Agreed it is quite strange that the bridge is the older (progress) design and that the back plate does not match the core fundamentals of the way it's been built but rest assured I was aware of these things when I bought it, as was the previous owner and I've just got off the phone with Overwater themselves about the matter; just to put any doubts to rest for anyone thinking of taking it.

The consensus is that the bass was a custom job made to order. The bridge and the additional XLR out being add-ons that are saved for the higher spec'd instruments that come through their shop and that the combination of components used on the bass are the source of why the label's not quite technically accurate or even as the great guy at Overwater suggested is that the back plate could accidentally have been swapped seeing as they're a universal shape. Regardless of the labelling it's a stunning instrument and the features that make it peculiar are in fact things that are great to have as part of the package.

Apologies, I should have put this in the description really and will edit the post now!

Cheers, B

It really is that kind of bass! Obviously it does sound decidedly modern in contrast to a fender design but with the pickup pan and EQ and how easily it allows different string sets to just sit with it there's a huge scope of different sounds.

I used it in a studio session at Incognito's 'Cream' studio in London and the engineer said it was the best sound he'd heard from a bass using a Neumann U87 which is as hot as a compliment can get!

I'm sorry I don't know the string spacing and just did a google search and it seems to be 19mm as standard on Overwaters but I'll have to have a look when i have the bass in front of me.