Why become a member? ×

Shure Beta27a supercardioid condenser microphone pair £425/offers
£500

[size=3]Selling my Shure Beta27a microphone pair. They are complete with mounts and large padded Shure cases (bigger and with extra padding than the normal Shure pencil case style) in good condition. They are side address supercardioid which is quite unusual and very useful.[/size]

[size=3]These are great mics as overheads, on cabs, or for percussion or vocals. They are great in the studio but are really tough so are popular live too for cabs and overheads. Great on bass cabs too! [/size]

[size=3]Only selling as I'm using my 414's mostly now for stuff where I want LDC's and fancy some nice SDC's instead.[/size]

[size=3]Shure blurb:[/size]

[b] [size=3]WHAT IS THE BETA 27 BEST SUITED TO?[/size][/b]

[size=3][size=3]The Beta 27 is ideal for a wide variety of acoustic, wind and electric instruments, such as guitar and bass amplifiers, drum, percussion and piano. The tight supercardioid polar pattern ensures high gain-before-feedback and provides maximum isolation from other sound sources making it perfect for live stage applications.[/size][/size]
[b] [size=3]HOW DOES IT SOUND?[/size][/b]

[size=3][size=3]The Beta 27 is tailored for superior transient response from a low-mass, externally-biased ultra-thin Mylar diaphragm. It has a flat, neutral frequency response for natural reproduction.[/size][/size]
[b] [size=3]WHAT ARE THE MAIN FEATURES?[/size][/b]

[size=3][size=3]The Beta 27 uses premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors. It includes a 3-position switchable low-frequency filter which helps reduce unwanted background noise or counteract the proximity effect and the -15 db switchable attenuator handles extremely high SPLs with ease. The internal pop filter with three separate mesh layers reduces wind and breath noise[/size][/size]
[b] [size=3]WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE BETA 27 AND SM27?[/size][/b]

[size=3][size=3]The Beta 27 is a supercardioid whereas the SM27 is a cardioid. You can expect a more concise sound pickup and a full bodied sound signature with the Beta 27.[/size][/size][list]
[*][size=3]Flat Frequency response and low self noise for natural reproduction[/size]
[*][size=3]Supercardioid polar pattern for high gain-before-feedback and minimizes bleed from off axis sound sources[/size]
[*][size=3]Tailored for superior transient response[/size]
[*][size=3]Low mass, externally-biased, ultra-thin 24 karat gold-layered Mylar diaphragm[/size]
[*][size=3]3 position switchable low-frequency filter[/size]
[*][size=3]-15dB switchable attenuator[/size]
[*][size=3]Internal pop filter with three separate mesh layers[/size]
[/list]
[url="http://s4.photobucket.com/user/joegarcia/media/1078c89b-7d7e-4f00-bda1-b8d450e77bed_zpsfdfa7588.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s4.photobucket.com/user/joegarcia/media/Beta27apair_zpscad8e032.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s4.photobucket.com/user/joegarcia/media/beta27apair2_zpsc0f72cb9.jpg.html"][/url]

[size=3]Actual pictures to come.[/size]

[size=3]£500 or trade for nice pair of SDC's (KM184s/C42s/SM81s etc)[/size]
PRICE DROP TO £450 / OFFERS
ANOTHER PRICE DROP TO £425/TRADES

Edited by joegarcia

If you are after quality SDCs I'd recommend tge Line Audio CM3

Ridiculously cheap for the sound quality, not quite a DPA or Schoeps, but as close as you could need for far less outlay.

I got mine from nohypeaudio (google is you friend here), excellent service from them.

Edited by 51m0n

Heh, I was interested in that too, but he's not got an ADAT option, and I dont want to lug a seperate 8 channel ADC around too.

Comes with high praise frmo a lot of bods though. Of course if youare handy with a soldering iron and want really top quality preamps on the 'cheap', you will struggle to beat [url="http://www.seventhcircleaudio.com/"]Seventh Circle Audio's 8 channel box[/url]

Great minds think alike mate :D

Audient ASP008 is on my shopping list in the next month or so. Lovely looking device, really want to be able to do drums 'properly' again, and with one of those and some relatively cheap mics that shouldn't be a problem at all...

Point to note is that they run warm, so its recommended that you keep a rack space in between each unit to aid cooling. So they arent as single rack space as you might think

Edited by 51m0n

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...