Why become a member? ×

Jackson Futura Pro EX with case sold for £82.79

Annoying Twit

[quote name='topo morto' timestamp='1380447157' post='2225244']
"Collection in person" + "Not obviously sought-after item" maybe?
[/quote]

As far as I can see from a quick Google, this is MIJ. I played a MIK Jackson which I thought (I'm not a super reviewer) felt really nice. Though even at the £100 second hand price, I wouldn't really feel right with something quite that fluorescent and pointy. With a case, this looks a super bargain to me.

Edited by Annoying Twit

[quote name='hamfist' timestamp='1380467555' post='2225690']
If it's MIJ then it's a great price.
If not then it's what I'd expect a MIK from that era to go for as a "collection only" listing
[/quote]

I looked up this page, which seems to suggest that a 'Professional' series Futura EX of the vintage claimed in the ebay listing would have been made at the Chushin Gakki plant in Japan. http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/jackson-pro-professional.php Though, that page mentions that the 'professional' series are not the ones that are truly desirable, it's the 'pro' series that are.

A bit of googling suggests that the Chushin Gskki shut down after the tsunami in Japan. It would be a shame if that's true.