Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Canine country blues

FinnDave

Not sure where to put this or what to call it, but this is a recording of one song we (The Wirebirds) played at a small local festival last weekend. The song, 'My Dog' is a heavily reworked version of the Elvin Bishop original, and on this occasion was enhanced by the contribution of the singer's dog, Toby.

It is not easy to play with tears of laughter running down your face!

[url="https://soundcloud.com/finndave-1/my-dog-with-toby-at-crablake"]https://soundcloud.c...oby-at-crablake[/url]

Edited by FinnDave

• 2 weeks later...

Not too shabby for a festival recording! Sounds like a great gig to have been at. Nice, thumping bass sound. Can't hear the vocal too well... which is a shame, but heh. Playing seems tight throughout. The drummer knows how to keep a groove. That's a drummer to keep.

The dog sounds are a great touch. I do hope that Toby got his share of the takings that day ;)

Thanks, the recorder was by the mixing desk, should have picked up the vocals better, just hope the sound further out was clearer. Toby was well rewarded for his contribution!

Darren is a fine drummer, and a good all round bloke as well. Unfortunately he has not been able to play for last couple of weeks due to a neck injury, but we're hopping to have back behind his kit soon.