Why become a member? ×

Status Stealth 2 or Jazz with Status Graphite Neck Help

Smash

Having a bit of a thought this weekend about a new bass, after playing all my basses I really like graphite necks, so have always wanted a Status Stealth 2 headed 4 string, but finding one 2nd hand is impossible and also new I can't find a price, have emailed Status to see what they come in at but I imagine it must be something near £1500 which is a lot of money (maybe worth it though). The other option is to buy a US/Jap/Mex Jazz and replace the neck with a Status graphite neck but without hearing both these basses I am in the dark. Anyone tried any of these basses or would recommend either, or know of a price for the stealth.

I waited ages myself for a headed Stealth 2 - I was looking up to about £1200 at the time, tried a number of avenues but nothing came up. I've had the fortune to play one and they are sublime, very clear hifi tone and the lowest action ever. In comparison the Jazz (MIM) I had with a Status Graphite (Fretless) neck, well there was no comparison. If you're prepared to wait then go for the full graphite solution.

Thanks for the replies, I still trying to justify £1500 for a bass maybe if I sold a couple of my existing basses it may ease the burden. I really like very very low action, this looks like the ideal bass. I did see one on here for sale last year was a stealth 1 but was going for a song at £750 can't believe no one bought it. Just have my price list from Mr Green in front of me, hmmm would like the 4 string headed in black with top leds but £1800 argghhh. Oh well maybe I will just dream for now.