Why become a member? ×

Removable Casters (or is it Castors)

Riddler

Hi All

I've just bought a Eden Nemesis NC410 from Dougal on this forum and I'm very happy with it. Now I'm think of replacing the casters as two are broken.

I've been searching around the web and it seems Ernie Ball Pop Out Caster are the best buy at about £24 a set.

Just wondered if anyone had any advice about going for pop-out or normal permanent caters or maybe using a separate trolley?
If I go for permanent casters will I have problems with losing bass response because it's not connecting with the floor?

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers
Graham

[quote name='Riddler' post='219631' date='Jun 16 2008, 09:14 AM']I've been searching around the web and it seems Ernie Ball Pop Out Caster are the best buy at about £24 a set.

Just wondered if anyone had any advice about going for pop-out or normal permanent caters or maybe using a separate trolley?
If I go for permanent casters will I have problems with losing bass response because it's not connecting with the floor?[/quote]
Pop out castOrs are and have always been cheap and nasty. Even light wear makes them loose then they fall out! My advice is replace the lot with 2" or 3" fixed plate wheels, and get 2 locking ones. Not connecting with the floor will not be a problem.

Pop out's always seemed to pop out at the most awkward moments. I pulled all mine out and got a sackbarrow (advice from BW a long time back) which was great - could move the 1x15, 4x10 and head all at once (with a strap around them all :huh: )
Now, my cabs have all got permanent castors, but I still use the sackbarrow, it's a hell of a lot easier to move around (i'm using Behringer cabs with wheels at one side only which means having to lift the other end to move about :)