Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SOLD: Fender Bassman 2x15 cab
£325

Bassnut62

Original '70s Fender Bassman 2 x 15" cab, 4 ohms.

This cab has been significantly improved from the stock cab, which tends to fart and project quite a loose flappy tone.

This one has been rebuilt with all seams lined, glued and screwed with 1x2" wood and braced front panel to back with 2x4" wood.
This means all seams are perfectly sealed and front back panels cannot flex; therefore much tighter and more defined tone and punch can be produced.

I tried numerous fancy speakers like JBL, Celestion, etc and eventually found that a pair of tight bright Eminence drivers worked best to give a full, round and detailed tone. I can't remember which model speakers they were but they cost about £85 each some years ago.

Paired with a Fender Bassman head this cab delivers tone to die for.
I used a '70s silverface Bassman 135 and a '70s Music Man Stingray Bass and was regularly complimented on the bass sound at gigs.
I reckon that a rig like this is a match for any out there if you want classic funk, soul or rock tones.
I've done battle with an Ampeg SVT 8x10 rig with this lot too and while I didn't win for the loudest and dirtiest sound, I did win for the sweetest clearest and best defined tone.

I finally found bass amp/tone heaven and now I am playing guitar rather than bass!!
So this cab is up for sale to help build my guitar amp fund.

This is only pic I have of my actual rig.
The cab only is for sale and it is a vertically mounted 2x15 rather than diagonal mounted.

Now sold for £300 to a hip young dude with excellent taste in Liverpool

Edited by Bassnut62

• 2 weeks later...