Why become a member? ×

Anyone know of a 'Slap' pedal?

morgano

Does anyone know of a pedal that combines both EQ and compression in the same pedal, without going down the multi-fx route?

I always find when I switch from finger style to slap style that the volume level and dynamics jump through the roof, and the tone I have set for finger style is wrong for slap. I'm looking for a pedal that has both basic EQ and compression that I can kick in when changing style. I'd like to be able to scoop the mids out with the EQ, and tame the dynamics with the compressor.

I already have a [b]Boss LMB-3 Bass Limiter Enhancer[/b] which sort of does this, but the EQ section is just an 'Enhance' knob so there isn't much control.

Anyone got any ideas?

Check out the Trace Elliot SMX dual-band compressor. It's possible to switch between, high, low, full, or no compression using the two footswitches. Very handy for when you're switching between slap and fingerstyle. It also has an effective eq control which gives emphasis to wherever you dial it (when the compression is engaged). This pedal is no longer in production, although they pop up for sale here from time to time.