Why become a member? ×

SWR Workingmans Pro 300

Bluescaster

Hi, I see one of these for sale on a site here in Ireland and although I'm not in a serious panic to replace the head that I fried, I'm just wondering if anybody could give me a heads up on what the reliability and quality are like on these as I've always used either GK or Ampeg in my life. I think the seller is probably looking for about 200 pounds (235 euro) Many thanx, Mick.

I have two Workingmans 10's combos and they've not missed a beat for over 20 years. I've only had them for a few months but bought them off people that had had them from new with no issues at all.

All SWR stuff I've ever seen has been built incredibly well and is very heavy duty. If I were looking to upgrade my set-up, I would happily go for SWR Workingmans range again because I gig 2 or 3 times a week and need something reliable.

Hope this helps!

Alex

I can echo Alex's thoughts. I've had a first iteration of the WM15 for the last ten years, bought second hand, and it's worked perfectly for all the time I've had it. The Workingman was SWR's budget line (although not actually that cheap new in the UK, and probably why they never really caught on over here - hence the low used prices), but whatever they've saved the money on it doesn't seem to be build quality.