Why become a member? ×

1979 factory fretless Music Man Sabre (further price drop to GBP 1350!)
£1750

Kees_SoS

I initially had a fretted and factory fretless pair of pre-EB Sabres up for sale, but the fretted has now been sold.

The fretless is a 1979 example in black, with a factory rosewood fretboard. It’s in all-original condition, right down to the impossible-to-find black and white mini-switch tips. As you might expect with a bass this age, it has a few dings and scratches, but nothing I'd consider serious. For the rest, there are no other issues with the bass; the Sabre is simply not quite the right model for me.

Shortly after purchasing the fretless, I had it checked over by my luthier, who levelled the fretboard. Since then, I've had it strung with GHS Pressurewounds, which haven't left any marks. I should also add that the fretboard has plenty of life left in it and must have been levelled no more than a couple of times.

I'm now willing to accept [b]GBP 1350 (EUR 1650)[/b] [b](ex case and shipping).[/b]

I'll consider the following trades:[list]
[*][b]Pre-EB StingRay[/b] (fretted or fretless)
[*][b]Fender early '70s rosewood Jazz Bass [/b]([b]four-bolt neck)[/b]
[*][b]Black [/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Music Man StingRay 5 (fretted rosewood or fretless pau ferro)[/font][/color]
[/list]
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Edited by Kees_SoS

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks. It will be with my parents for the next three weeks, should you change your mind. If it doesn't sell on Basschat or on eBay when the current listing expires, I may have them bring it back over here (Amsterdam).

[quote name='IainRoberts' timestamp='1395531252' post='2403515']
Dont tempt me! I'm supposed to be slimming down my set up but this is a beauty! Good luck :-)
[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...