Why become a member? ×

Fernandes gravity basses

Damonjames

Has anyone had much experience with the fernandes gravity bass guitars? Especially the deluxe 5? They are really hard to get hold of, and even the uk distributor said they would have to one off order it from the US. I'm not in the market for one right now but would love to try one, it might just cure my GAS!

Played a deluxe a few years ago and was fairly impressed. The neck was really comfortable and fast (or would have been if the owner knew how to set up a bass) and the electronics were very usable. The build quality was fine but left me wondering if I could get a higher quality instrument for the same money. Overall its a fine bass if somewhat uninspiring/bland.

Played a deluxe a few years ago and was fairly impressed. The neck was really comfortable and fast (or would have been if the owner knew how to set up a bass) and the electronics were very usable. The build quality was fine but left me wondering if I could get a higher quality instrument for the same money. Overall its a fine bass if somewhat uninspiring/bland.

Haha, don't you hate that! It's an interesting beast this bass, I know Rob trujillo from metallica loves them, he has tried to make 2 or three manufacturers copy it. When you compare what's on offer with the fernandes (approx £700 in te US) vs the warwick rob trujillo sig (approx £800) which is made in Korea vs Japan and is a bolt on neck vs neck through, it starts to look like good value. But compare it to the gravity 5x there is nearly £500 difference? Still would love to try one!

Ive seen a few of the passive models pop up over here from time to time. So if they can turn up in Ireland there must be a few flying around the second hand market in the UK. I saw Static X play a year or two ago and their bassist was using a deluxe. I couldn't get a good look at his rig but it looked like he was running through a sansamp psa into an Svt. The tone was monstrous. Great definition on the lowest string which surprised me tbh. I really didn't think the electronics were all that when I played one.