Why become a member? ×

Anyone know if Boss will be replacing the GT10B anytime soon?

haysy

I was looking at getting one of these but I see it's been out for 5 years. The guitar version has been replaced by the GT100 so was wondering if boss might be upgrading the GT10B soon before I go for one. Anyone got any inside info? Nothing on the boss website....

Guest FretNoMore

It's anone's guess, and if someone had real inside info they sure would not post it online ... I read somewhere that the pattern has been to release a bass model only with every other new multieffect, and if that is true there will not be one until the GT100 is replaced. That is pure speculation though.

EDIT: I've seen some people prefer the GT100 over the GT10B even for bass, maybe that's something to consider.

Edited by FretNoMore

Thanks for the input, it was a long shot to see if anyone had any insight. I've read that the guitar versions don't look after the low frequencies as well, especially with synth sounds or is that just hype? Line 6 X3 Live floor unit claims to do both, with different processing for bass and guitar. Anyone got any experience with one of those for bass?

• 1 month later...