Why become a member? ×

It's coming you know :-)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1376223052' post='2170896']
I won't be having a full volume practice for two weeks now but I'm hoping they will work, does the newer Fishman have the notch filter?
[/quote]

Looks like it. Mine is on my amp, so i can't report on how good the Fishman is.

[url="http://www.fishman.com/product/pro-eq-platinum-preampeqdi"]http://www.fishman.com/product/pro-eq-platinum-preampeqdi[/url]

• 3 weeks later...

A few updates to add- I think I have found the root of my feedback problem, the tail piece! I haven't used the gedo at volume since the last post but I was playing around at home with the fishman and bassmax (now fitted on the treble side) I didnt have my home made f hole covers on and it started to feedback but I was right in front of the speaker, I brushed my arm past the tail piece as I was crouching down adjusting the eq, I hadnt plucked a note but it was vibrating loads! Chunk of the grey stagg packing foam behind the tail piece, sorted.....hopefully...

Next up I have been studying Geoffs fantastic clips on youtube, spent some time on finger spacing/left hand technique in general and shifting, as I already know how to play regular bass I think this is going to be the key to improving. I'm really trying to play double bass rather than elec bass on end, I didnt understand before when people said this but I do get it now although I have a lot of work to do don't get me wrong. No more 3rd finger notes and crossing strings in position is really tightening up my intonation, shifting is now my worst problem I'd say so my next few practices need to focus in on that, Geoffs clip will be worn out! :D

Nearly forgot, practice tomorrow hopefully without feedback, first proper db gig this Saturday! :o