Why become a member? ×

Fretless bassists in London?

iD Entity

Ahola,

Sorry to trouble the BC community. I'm looking to record a song, and wanting to use a fretless bass. I bought a cheap fretless just for the purpose, but it's not really working out and requires more set up than I have time for right now. Do any bassists here in London have a nice fretless bass, they wouldn't mind me coming by for a few hours to hang out and record with, please? I'll be super gentle! I can bring over my Zon or Wal bass, if someone wanted to give either a play.

Thanks a million!
Brett

Surely its easier to set up your existing bass. it can't be more than a couple of hours work for a 'guitar tech'? The chances of picking up someone else's bass and expecting it to be setup how you like it without some modifications is a tall order :unsure:

I'd love to play the Wal for example, but I certainly wouldnt expect it to be setup how "I" like it. Especially if I was recording with it

Easy - just take your Wal to a luthier and get them to sort it out and remove those funny staple-things that people put in the necks of some cheap basses. It'll be much easier to play, you'll have a fretless Wal, and you won't need another bass. ;-)

Chiswick would work, near where I rehearse =)

Actually the set up was more complicated, it came with round wounds, and I want to put flats on it. Added to that, it's a 6 string, and I couldnt find a store that sells. Enter ebay, except at over £65 for a set.... I figured I would ask around first, save time, a bit of money, and meet a cool bassist!

EDIT: pffft to defretting my beautiful Wal.... Pfffft, I say!

Edited by iD Entity