Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Fodera Monarch - GONE
£2999

Scooby

This bass was intended to be a keeper but I have my eyes on a Fodera with a maple board, which is my preferred spec so...

This is a 2004 Fodera Monarch which, I am informed, is a custom version with the angled headstock. It has hardly been played since new with hardly any signs of playing wear. There is a very slight mark on the lower horn - difficult to see but when angled towards the light you can see a slight mark. There is also some very slight surface marks on the rear body where it has been sat against shirt buttons or something similar. There are no scratches, slap marks (!) pick-up wear or any fret wear. It is in remarkable condition and sounds even better :D

It's a 34" scale, 40mm top nut, 19mm string spacing according to my school ruler and weighs approx 9.5ilbs.

The Monarch comes with a generic hard case, new set of strings on and a new spare set of Fodera strings. Trade-wise I am after a Pedulla, Zon or Sadowsky.

Edited by Scooby

[quote name='Mikkoantt' timestamp='1375465437' post='2161911']
Hi
I have one of these too. It's called New Standard. Excellent bass! In fact I traded my Imperial 5 to it and I think this is far better instrument. Good luck for sale:)
[/quote]

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks, Mikkoantt. I am no Fodera expert and the info is from what I have been told. However, it seems in [color=#000000]2004/5 Fodera did a series called "new standard" which were basically some victor wooten bass, with 2 band eq, Ebony headstock facing etc, which is not the same as the current 'Standard' models! Whatever! It looks great, plays great, sounds great and it's a Fodera [/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#000000] :D[/color][/font][/size]