Why become a member? ×

Seeking tutor in North Hampshire/South Berks

demail

Hi. I'm moving from Cheshire to Hampshire next month (between Basingstoke and Winchester) and I'm looking for a tutor. From the usual sites it doesn't seem there's anyone nearby. I've only been playing 6 months and I'm wanting to learn both jazz and orchestral. Any suggestions?

Derek

Derek

About 10 years ago I had lessons with Kate Addis south Reading and also Lucy Heath in Bracknell. I don't know if they are still teaching or not. For jazz I have had a couple of lessons with Andy Crowdy in Henley on Thames. Despite great tuition, what I thought would take six months to master has turned into lifetime's journey.

Good luck

Simon

Jake

That sounds ideal. I see you have made much the same move as I will (I'm going from Chester to Hants) and also that you play in a band with Les Chisnall, from whom I took a couple of piano lessons a few years ago. Small world.

I'll get in touch when I move down and see what we can arrange.

Many thanks.

Derek

Thanks Barrie :)
Hi Derek, it is indeed a small world. Les is one of my all time favourite players, and a dear friend.
I reckon you'll like Hampshire, it can be warm and sunny and there is some really lovely countryside, and close enough to London (well, all the SE really) to make gigging about really easy. Look forward to hearing from you.

Jake

Yes, I moved up to Cheshire from Hampshire in the first place and I've decided to make the return trip. Must say, judging from Partysounds and the like there doesn't appear to be a lot of music going on around where I'll be (RG25) but I'll have to make more intensive enquiried when I get down. That'll be at the end of August and I'll PM you then.

Derek