Why become a member? ×

TRADED '08 Lakland 55-02 Burst/Rosewood
£750

andydye

[s]For sale is my lovely Lakland 55-02, bought on here recently from DanEly to bridge a time gap between selling my ACG 6 and receiving my new ACG 5 and also fulfil a wedding gig date, well the gig is done and the 5 is here so this baby has to go…

I believe it's a 2008 and was bought new by Dan, it's been looked after, I gave it a thorough clean when I got it, lemon-oiled the fingerboard, tightened all the screws etc when it arrived, I also changed the humbucker pickup coil selector switch for a new one bought straight from Lakland in the US as the old one was faulty so this is now a fully functioning piece of sunburst loveliness!

Typical Lakland 35" scale lovely and taut low B, very versatile set of sounds from it's MM/J pup and 3 band preamp with selectable mid frequency. I played the whole gig on it and we do everything from classic rock to 80's and modern pop…wedding dancing choons ya-know…and it covered every sound I needed to make quite comfortably. I also got compliments from a secret bass player in the audience on how good the bass had sounded! and in a marquee too!!

Condition-wise there's a minor amount of light swirling on the rear from historic belts in the bass' past, I always keep my belt covered by my t-shirt so I don't cause such issues anymore, I learnt that lesson ages ago ;)

Pics (taken post wedding gig clean-up):
[media]http://www.flickr.com/photos/andy_dye/sets/72157634634847474/[/media]

£750 is what I paid for it 2 weeks ago and now it's job with me is done it's time for someone else to enjoy it, it comes with a fairly well padded gig bag, collection would be lovely but happy to ship within the UK.

I've also strung it with Lakland nickel round strings and have 2 sets left over which I will include (£20 a set is what they cost me 2 weeks ago), the ones on have done one gig and are more than fine still.

Favoured trade options would be P-bass shaped or MM 3 band Rays…also happy to consider combination trades with my pair of blazers also advertised on here at the mo...?[/s]

Edited by andydye