Why become a member? ×

SOLD
£1395

bassgurumonster

Hi there. I have an Ibanez SR 33006ESOL Sixer for sale. The specs are as follows:

[color=#898989][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]BODY MAHOGANY
NECK 5Pc WENGE /BUBINGA
SR6 PRESTIGE
FRETBOARD ROSEWOOD
INLAY ABALONE OVAL
BRIDGE
TAILPIECE / NUT MONORAIL
HARDWARE COSMO BLACK
PICKUP CONFIG N/A
PICKUP'S BARTOLINI CUSTOM
CONTROL VARI-MID 3LC
3 BAND EQ
FINISHES SOL (STAINED OIL)[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#898989][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]The neck is superb, action really low, just been set up[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#898989][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]No issues, comes cased.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#898989][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]There is a mark just under the neck pick up where the previous owner used to rest his finger, ive captured this on the enclosed pics.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#898989][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Im after £795 collected. Its an absolute bargain at this !!!!!!!![/size][/font][/color]

Edited by bassgurumonster

Sir, are you sure about the year it has been made? I have the exact same bass and I was under the impression these were made between 2004 and 2006.
Anyway,not that it really matters, I have been over 40 basses and my Sr3006E is the only one I sold and bought back, and still is my main bass. Will probably never let go again. I honestly think this is the pinnacle of Ibanez basses :-)

Paulhauser is right - I'm fairly sure they stopped making these in 2003, maybe 2004. You can tell for sure by looking at the serial number on the headstock - the first two numbers (following the 'F'), are the year.

Regardless, this is a fantastic instrument and it's a crying shame they did stop making them when they did.

If my memory serves well, there was the original 3006 that they were making for a year in 2001 with Ibanez pickups, called SR3006SOL, then it was changed to Barts and got the "E" after the 3006 name, so it became SR3006ESOL in 2002. This ran unchanged until 2005 when the Prestige SR1006 replaced it.

You can have a look and search for it here within the old Ibanez catalogs http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/

I'm pretti sure in 2005 they already had the other model, the 1006, but they might continue to produce this for Japan or other markets. But I'm not familiar with Ibanez's serial numbers regarding early 2000 Jap Prestiges.

It is a damn good bass, would be tempted if I hadn't already had one plus an earlier Ibanez sixer and other Prestige fiver. Good luck with the sale, whoever gets this will be satisfied.

If it were 2005, i would have expected F05, but again i'd be surprised if it were later than 2004.

The format of Ibanez serial numbers has been fairly standard since the late 90s, I think: a letter to denote the factory of production (F for the Japanese one), followed by two numbers giving the year of production. I think the remaining numbers show the sequence of production.

This is a great bass - I have the older SR5006 myself which I was thinking to trade up to the current model with it's switchable electronics, gold hardware etc. But reading this thread, I think I'll keep it as the 5006 is a beast. Best of luck with the trade.