Why become a member? ×

FS: Ampeg SVP-Pro Preamp

Better pics tomorrow, but I am selling my pre and power setup to fund the purchase of either an SVT4 or SVT6. This Preamp is the very last of the line from the US before Ampeg discontinued it. It's the front end from the SVT-2 and it's really, really nice sounding especially with the complement of JJ 12AX7's that are on board. The driver tube is actualy a Marshall 12AU7, in this preamp it is very punchy and better than the JJ 12AU7 I had in before. Dave Lunt in Stockport serviced this about 6 months ago, cleaned the board etc and basically it's sounded fantastic ever since, I'm probably mad to sell it but I need rackspace. This has been racked since day 1 and is in immaculate condition.

Features and all that crap:

3 band EQ with mid Frequency select
Ultra Lo, Ultra High & Bright Switches
9 band defeatable graphic
Tuner mute & Tuner Out
Stereo Outs
Balanced DI w/ Level control & Pre/Post Switch

It's also switchable supply from 240V to 120V. These go for between £240 and £300(on this site alone, egnerally £300 on Ebay) but I'm asking [b]£250[/b] and I'll ship free in the UK to sweten the deal.

Cheers,

Dan

[email protected]

EDIT: If you want the original Sovtek tubes that came in the pre I'll bundle them for free, they're no use to me. Edited by Dan_Nailed

[quote name='steve-soar' post='214452' date='Jun 7 2008, 04:27 PM']I'm missing mine already. :)

Bassjam is after one of these, great price and a killer rig you have there my son.

What cabs do you punish with that beast?[/quote]

Just a lone SVT810E. It's enough!

I was contemplating getting a 610HLF as a change from the 8x10, but after having no joy I did a gig on an SVT2 into an 8x10 and decided to just go full-bore rockstar Ampeg setup - hence the Ampeg head desire.

[quote name='Dan_Nailed' post='214458' date='Jun 7 2008, 04:35 PM']Just a lone SVT810E. It's enough!

I was contemplating getting a 610HLF as a change from the 8x10, but after having no joy I did a gig on an SVT2 into an 8x10 and decided to just go full-bore rockstar Ampeg setup - hence the Ampeg head desire.[/quote]It doesn't get any better than SVT=8X10", but you do need a bloody big van and rodies.
King Tuts' Wah Wah Hut in Glasgow, if ever you have played there you will know that a full SVT rig is the last thing you want to be owning. :)

[quote name='steve-soar' post='214468' date='Jun 7 2008, 04:49 PM']It doesn't get any better than SVT=8X10", but you do need a bloody big van and rodies.
King Tuts' Wah Wah Hut in Glasgow, if ever you have played there you will know that a full SVT rig is the last thing you want to be owning. :huh:[/quote]

I actually got my 8x10 in the back of a Corolla the other day, and I'm a roadie myself so I don't notice! Getting it into the 13th Note was hard enough. :)

[quote name='Dan_Nailed' post='214472' date='Jun 7 2008, 04:52 PM']I actually got my 8x10 in the back of a Corolla the other day, and I'm a roadie myself so I don't notice! Getting it into the 13th Note was hard enough. :)[/quote]

SOLD to bassjamm