Why become a member? ×

Hello I´m on Board...

AREA

Hi there,

just let me introduce myself...

My Name is Thomas, and I´m from Germany, living near Mönchengladbach. I´m 42 Years of Age, married and one Daughter..

Second Family is my/our Band AREA 41. We play Covermusic...Rock, Pop, Funk, Soul, Disco.... just everything we and the Audience like.

Currently I play my two Maruszczyk Instruments Custom Elwoods 4+5 String Basses [url="http://www.public-peace.de/"]Maruszczyk Instruments[/url] and a Squier Vintage Modified 70ies Jazz Bass as a Backup, wich is also a great Bass. Really a "Bang for the Buck" ...

I like my Gallien Krueger Amp and i use a little Aguilar Cab as a personal and additional Monitor, because in our Band, we all play and practice with In Ear Monitoring, so there´s no Need for big and heavy Stacks... I also use the Tec Amp "Pleasure Board" as a additional Bass Shaker...

That´s it. Keep it simple...

O.K thers another t.c.electronic Vintage Compressor and a Aphex Bass Xciter, but thats all... :)

Edited by AREA

[quote name='ste_m3' post='214208' date='Jun 7 2008, 10:31 AM']This board is becoming really rather internationally spiced isnt it! Wonderful!

Whats that pleasureboard all about AREA? I think i've heard of them?[/quote]

Here you can see and read everything about the "Pleasure Board" its made by Thomas Eich from Tec-Amp. it is connected like a Cab to one of the Speaker Outs and can handle 600W/8Ohm

[url="http://www.tec-amp.de/index.php?id=61"]Pleasure Board[/url]

Welcome. I have always wanted to try one of those Pleasure Boards. How much do they go for? I presume if I wanted to use one with a bass pod xt driven in ear system I would need a poweramp or the pleasure pump?!

Cheers and welcome!
ped

[quote name='ped' post='214231' date='Jun 7 2008, 11:23 AM']Welcome. I have always wanted to try one of those Pleasure Boards. How much do they go for? I presume if I wanted to use one with a bass pod xt driven in ear system I would need a poweramp or the pleasure pump?!

Cheers and welcome!
ped[/quote]

Both will work. You can drive this with the Pleasure Pump, but also with every other Bass Head. Just plug the Board to one of the Speaker Outs... Thats it.

If you find one on E-bay I think they´ll go for about 250,--300,- Eur. But they´re rare on Ebay...

[quote name='ped' post='214243' date='Jun 7 2008, 11:38 AM']Thanks - I have had a quick look around and it seems to be a very cool piece of gear which I am sure I will buy soon. Is it totally silent? Easy to carry?

Cheers
ped[/quote]

Not totally... but it is so silent that you can´t disturb anyone. Additional you got a Headphone Jack. So you can play, listen to your Bass and get the Vibrations...

...and yes, it´s easy to carry.

Edited by AREA

[quote name='ped' post='214277' date='Jun 7 2008, 12:40 PM']Thanks for the info and sorry for pouncing on you so soon! We are like gear vultures here!

Cheers
ped[/quote]

Absolutely no Problem. Thats what I´m here for...