Why become a member? ×

Giggles in France...

Dad3353

[attachment=137280:Gigg_Fran.jpg]

For those who followed the wondrous tale of 'Giggles', the H/H 2x15 Folded Horn cab, I'm pleased to announce that she is now proudly ensconced in our rehearsal room, awaiting trials. Not before the week-end, as we're out playing till then, and the Hiwatt is in the 'tour bus' for now.
Once back at base, I'll post a pic of the whole super-rig, for the delight of your retina.
The transfer from Essex to here went off without a hitch; mega thanks to itsat34 for his enthusiastic participation in this adventure. I'm still a bit surprised that the Government did not intervene, what with another national treasure leaving the country. As to those who didn't pick up this bargain whilst it was available to you, all I can do is offer a cock well and truly snooked..!
Back soon...

• 4 weeks later...

The Hour of Glory has arrived...

'Giggles' is presently ensconced on the modest, but adequate, stage set up for the 'Entrelacés' festival, here in sunny France. The first outing; we'll see how the evening goes. Sound check done; we play at 23h30. The gig is only a few kms from home, so I'm in my armchair for now, with a welcome cup of Earl Grey.
We'll try to film; I'll post if it's anything like reasonable (no, I'm not afraid of showing us all up..!).
Here's a couple of snaps, taken with the 'phone, just for starters...

Giggles, with Hiwatt PA head; exactly the right width..!

[attachment=139038:DSC00321.jpg]

Tom, sound check...

[attachment=139039:DSC00322.jpg]

A global view of our stage (a bit of a change from Glasto, though..!)

[attachment=139040:DSC00318.JPG]

The last show for this season (for now, at least...) so we're hoping it goes down as well as the previous ones...

More later, probably...

Here's a link to a video of the evening (1 of 12...)...
[b] [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/61774-show-us-your-playing-videos/page__view__findpost__p__2143436"]#999[/url][/b]

You can't see Giggles, I'm afraid, but you'll get an idea of how the show went...

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='itsat34' timestamp='1375798464' post='2165759']
Merveilleux!!!!
Particularly like rumbles on AC/DC number.......
looks like a good time had by all
(even the drummer!) :D
[/quote]

Cheers..! Yes, we all had fun (several hundred watched and danced, apparently. We couldn't really see with the lights in our eyes...). Shame the video doesn't show the 'star', but we're pleased with the sound, considering the conditions. Yes, we had some 'difficulties' with the bloke on the console, but the evening went off well, which is the main thing...