Why become a member? ×

Any Sevcik vids out there?

fatback

I don't think that there will be simply because the variations on each exercise can take at least an hour ( or more in some instances ) to get through :blink: !

The Art of the Bow springs to mind as a video technique resource ...I guess you could always post on here and see if anyone can help !

Edited by ubassman

[quote name='ubassman' timestamp='1371217893' post='2111337']
I don't think that there will be simply because the variations on each exercise can take at least an hour ( or more in some instances ) to get through :blink: !

The Art of the Bow springs to mind as a video technique resource ...I guess you could always post on here and see if anyone can help !
[/quote]

I had in mind more something demonstrating key parts of the material rather than laboriously going through the whole thing. Like most music books, it leaves lots of stuff about how to execute the exercises to a notional teacher to explain. For example, where it says that for rests the bow should stay on the string, it's pure guesswork what this actually means when you have to get from the upper to lower halves of the bow. That sort of thing. So easy if you could only see it. :)

I have the 'Art of the Bow' and brilliant it is too. I quit trying to bow a while back and Art of the Bow makes such sense I'm giving it ago again.

I'm a hopeless Rabbath fanboy, I know; but that's because he thinks things through in a way that I don't associate with music teaching, where mostly it's done that way cos it's always been done that way.

[quote name='FLoydElgar' timestamp='1371244415' post='2111812']
@Fatback, Might be worth getting some lessons with a Classical tutor, if you are unfamiliar with his terminologies and need help with dat bow!

_f
[/quote]

Not easy because of where I live, but I'll definitely try again to sort something. Plenty scenery here, but not much else. :)

[quote name='Damo200' timestamp='1371633761' post='2116345']
I could talk to Neil for you and see if he might give you a skype lesson?
[/quote]

Unfortunately not with my bandwidth he couldn't . He'd need psychic powers:D

But I appreciate the offer.

Edited by fatback