Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Saturn 67

WebTransformer

Hi, I have to admit I am not a bass player but a twanger of the six string variety. A friend gave me a Saturn 67 bass about 17 years ago (I played a bit in his jazz band when our regular bass player wasn't there and my "expertise" on the banjo wasn't needed) and it has languished in my loft for the last 7 years. It is an original, semi-acoustic, made by Hopf in Germany in (you guessed it) 1967. There are only two references to the Saturn 67 which I can find on the internet. The better-known Saturn 63 six-string appears many times. My first question is, does anyone want it? And my second question is, does anyone want it for the right price(!)? I play it so rarely, and never through an amp, that I feel it is high time it went to a good home. But I am also aware that it is possibly worth quite a bit... however I am neither a speculating gold-digger, nor a charity, if you get my drift. I'd be very grateful for any more information than that which is currently available on the net, i.e. the details I have already written above. I don't know the etiquette of this site well enough to know whether I may put my email address in this post so I won't (yet) so as not to offend the administrators. Hope to read from someone soon! And I hope this is the right place to introduce this topic! I can post photos later if needed. Nog.

[quote name='neepheid' post='213114' date='Jun 5 2008, 12:27 PM']Welcome to the forum. Now that you've said hello, why not take some photos and start a thread in the For Sale section and see how it goes :)[/quote]
Oh wow! Didn't expect a reply that quickly! Thanks for the suggestion about selling, but first I'd like to read from anyone who has ever seen / heard of / played a Saturn 67. Who knows - I might even keep it and learn to play a proper instrument. (Can't ever give up my Dobro and my Strat though...). Will get some pics up as soon as I get home and work out how to do it on this site! Nog. P.S. nemo me impune lacessit either, even though I'm English.