Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic Ditto Looper practice

Bill

Hi Guys, here is a clip of me practicing my soloing/phrasing using the Ditto Looper by TC Electronic on my 7 string bass, thought i would share it with you, and hope that anyone else who has one of these pedals could post their clips (video or audio) aswell using the pedal to spark off some idea's and inspiration on ways for using this little beauty!

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcMtcPQCH-c"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcMtcPQCH-c[/url]

Bill.

Nice video, I've seen this elsewhere on the forum and kept meaning to comment.

I also use a ditto looper for all my solo stuff. They seem to come in for some critisicism on these pages, as do six / seven string basses. I'd like to offer a defence of the looper!

This is my 'second coming' as a bass player. Six years ago when I stopped playing I had a lot more time on my hands. I only ever played in bands, never even took the bass out of its case at home. In fact my rig used to live at the rehearsal studios so I'd never play other than gigs, recordings or rehearsals.

This time around, what with pesky full time work getting in the way and wanting to spend as much of my (scarce) spare time as possible with my family/friends, I just didn't feel that I could commit the time to a band. However I still wanted to create music and I find a sixer and a looper pedal give me more options. I like to bring loops in and out and structure my stuff into a song format, I'm not a huge fan of setting off pre-recorded loops I like to play my bass live and record the loops as I go.

And yes, I do play in the bedroom. I make no excuses for this as my other options are the bathroom, the kitchen or annoying the missus in the living room... An unfortunate effect of living in a very small London flat.

As I'm not looking to get out there gigging (after all solo bass isn't really a crowd puller) I think youtube is a fantastic forum for getting some stuff out for people to see. It allows friends who live all over the world to keep up with what I'm doing musically. No-one is forced into watching anything they have no interest in, the same way you wouldn't go and watch a band you don't like...

I guess bass is different things to different people. To me right now, its about solo compositions utalizing a looper and I'm really enjoying myself.

[media]http://youtu.be/wBsy-i3pQuk[/media]

Rob

Edited by CamdenRob

• 2 weeks later...

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cool vid man, thanks for sharing! aslong as you're having a good time with bass playing at home and feel no need to go out and gig then that's totally fine, its all about having fun with it and producing that musical satisfaction.[/font][/color]