Why become a member? ×

Hiya From The Rhondda

johnnyleaf

Hello fine Bass people,
New to the site and just want to say "Hello" New to Bass as well,two weeks to be accurate! Loving it is all I can say.I used to play a violin as a youngster and It is helping me to learn,same notes gdae,only the e on a violin is the thinnest and opposite on Bass.
Been trying to get new pots fitted in my old westfield and all the local shops wont do it! Saying for the money I spend on new pots fitted I might as well buy a new bass guitar! So i bought a Legacy from cash generator for 54.00 quid with postage,I am pleased with it and the sound. They are both beginner Basses I know but silk and pigs ears etc. They will do me until i get on with my journey into funk.

Hiya and welcome to Basschat from another South Wales bassist!!

If you decide you want to go down the route of having lessons, you are very lucky in that us South Wales folk have arguably the best teacher in the universe in Cardiff (Roath). If you pop into the teaching session you'll find his post and details there, Jon Caulfield.

He is AMAZING!! A few of us on here have lessons with him, and he is sh*t hot and a really nice guy. What he can't do on a bass isn't worth knowing!

Thanks Space Chick,
I am grateful you took the time to post to me,Thanks.
As i have no car and a bit disabled I would have to have lessons at home,I am onto that right now,waiting on a reply.
Had an old westfield given to me with busted tone and volume dials,within a week had bought a new Bass,amp etc so you can guess the Bass Bug av got
me!

Hey Johnny,

Welcome! I saw you had posted, but it's great you wrote an intro.
As to your being disabled, please tell us something we don't know. Being disabled is the only way one is going to want to be a part of BC, innit.
"We're all disabled. Ich bin ein Disabled."

Anyway, enjoy the site. You'll probably learn even more than I've done (I need to hear the same stuff many many times).
There's a lot to search for here, and people are always helpful as well.

best,
bert