Why become a member? ×

Getting a Ramp installed on my Warwick, advice please!

Bill

Hi! i'm looking to get a ramp (or 2?) installed on my Warwick Streamer 5, and was wondering how much the service usually costs (depending on the piece of wood aswell) has anyone had this done to their bass and can you recommend a person or company that does a good job/price on this sort of thing?

Many thanks in advance,

Bill.

Here is what she looks like! - [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq4UlgwoA8Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq4UlgwoA8Y[/url]

Trying to think if Ebony, Wenge or Maple would suit it better??

• 1 month later...
Guest Jecklin

Hello Bill,

I'm making a ramp for my bass today as it happens

I have a maple bodied Warwick so I'm using an off cut of maple solid wood flooring (£1 from local timber merchant) and I'll stain it to match the body as close as I can.
In your case you wouldn't need to worry about staining the maple if that is what you went for.
I prefer a ramp to match the body rather than the pick up or neck, but it is all just personal aesthetic taste.

In terms of getting one made I can't help on advising on cost I'm afriad. I'm strictly DIY.

They are not difficult to make and ( herresy I know) don't have to be super, super accurate in terms of radius.
However with your streamer I belive the body is curved too (is it?) which adds a level of complexity in terms of getting it to fit.
If you're not worried you could mount it using thin foam tape to absorb the curve of the body.

All the best,
Thomas

Edited by Jecklin