Why become a member? ×

Paul Bryant Soloist Double Bass, who has one?

SevenSeas

Hi BassChat!

I've been very fortunate to hopefully get one of Paul's last Soloist Double Basses as he has recently retired from full time production is making a limited amount of Soloist basses from time to time.

I'm about half way from saving up for one of these basses which he'll be able to make by the end of the year/start of next year.

Obviously before I part a years worth of my wages, has anyone got one that I could play? (Would be more than willing to travel to you (obviously) and give you some money) I definitely need to get a feel for the instrument before I buy one.

I have only heard great things about his double basses, so It will probably be fantastic.

Cheers,
Andrew.

I think Flloyd Edgar has one.Cairo bill had one that I think he sold don't know if that was to another bc'er
I've got a "lott" bryant I bought new off paul. I'm finally really happy with mine,it did take quite a bit of work , I had the finger boarded chuted , new bridge, tried loads of different strings etc,
I'd definately recommend a Bryant bass, a few well respected bass makers have said to me they're a bit crude but I don't know how he does it for the money and I'd agree with that.

Andrew, you'd be very welcome to come up and play my Bryant if you can't find anyone closer. I'm your side of Banbury. Thanks for the mention, Bilbo. BTW, it's a very nice bass and I got a lot of compliments when I took it to the Cheltenham Jazz Jam (house rhythm section) last Sunday.