Why become a member? ×

Bridges....Advice Needed

PauBass

I have posted this thread in a different section, I think the wrong one, so here it is again:

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I want to replace the Badass II bridge I have on my Geddy Lee bass for a black one, I know you can find black Badass brudges but they are bl**dy expensive![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Has anyone tried these?[/font][/color]
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110956107287?var=410139779171&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649"]http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1438.l2649[/url]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Another option is the Gotoh 201 but I have read that getting a low action might be difficult?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Last option I have in mind is going with a traditional Fender type of bridge, which one do you recommend and where can I buy it from?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thanks for your help in advance.[/font][/color]

i wouldn't put a cheapo unbranded bridge an expensive branded bass.
It might work well, or might not, but it wont cosmetically do your bass any favours.

why dont you see if anyone out there want's to trade a black Badass for yours

or you could just spray it with black enamel.

Edited by Shonks

[quote name='PauBass' timestamp='1369140749' post='2085289']

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Another option is the Gotoh 201 but I have read that getting a low action might be difficult?[/font][/color]

[/quote]
I shall second that.
I have a Gotoh 201 on my P/J.
the saddles are REALLY fat and with the saddles wound fully down, even after shimming my neck, the action is still a little high - and I like quite a high action!!!! The other thing about it is if you are used to damping using the side of your palm on the bridge then the saddle height adjusting screws are VERY sharp on the Gotoh 201 and if you do have the saddles all the way down on the deck then you may draw blood...I did.

Cheers guys.

I did place a thread on here saying I was looking for a Black Badass bridge, it's bee up for a long time but no luck.
Enamel black spray? Can it be applied to chrome well, will it look OK?

So Gotoh is a no then, I prefer a low action.