Why become a member? ×

Light and cheap string for EUB?

koha

I like D'addario Helicore Hybrid light gague and they are cheaper than most. All DB strings are pretty expensive. Thomman have some good prices as do the string zone.
I wouldn't go budget though as really cheap strings are so unpleasant to play. The spirocores may be more but will last forever.

I have a Harley Benton EUB and use Slaphappy weed whackers and get a very useable tone. I guess it depends on what sound you're after, I wanted that basic, old sounding thud without much sustain so thought I'd try them as they're only around twenty quid a set.
They're better than I expected and I'm really pleased with the sound, even been complemented on my sound at gigs, it's definately not a refined classical sound but that's not what I wanted, if you want to play rockabilly, country, bluegrass type of stuff then i'd definately give them a go, at worst you've lost twenty quid, at best you've got a sound you like which is easy on the fingers and pocket.
Oh and a sound you like despite most folks telling you you won't get a good sound out of them.