Why become a member? ×

Warwick Fortress One - 5 Fretless - SOLD
£400

shemeckfrac

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]For sale is my Warwick Fortress One 5 sting fretless German made. [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Everything works fine - active electronics - no scratchy pots - keeps in tune really well - fretboard in good condition. Strung with [/font][/color]Rotosound flatwounds. Comes with a generic (non-warwick) gig bag.

Note: the previous owner has sanded off minimal amount of body visible as brighter line at the bottom (see pics). Could put some lacquer to make it blend, but it didn't bother me so I didn't do anything about it.

Will consider trade for 4 string fretless of same value or higher.

Pickup from Leatherhead, Sunbury or Crawley or will ship ensured for 15£.

[size=3]Warwick's marketing blurb about [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]the Fortress One[/font][/color][/size][i][size=3][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]: The Fortress series was introduced in 1991 and became a huge success in the nineties. It all started with the Fortress One (built from 1991 to 1999) All Fortress models had a characteristic ergonomically-shaped body and a prominent long upper horn that gave the bass an ideal balance. The combination of an ash body and a wenge neck provided rich harmonies on the Fortress One models. All Fortress models were available as 4- and 5-string including left-handed options. The last Fortress bass left the Warwick factory in 1999 - today the Fortress models, especially the Fortress Flashback, are considered collector’s items. 2-piece Maple body Wenge neck (3-piece for 4-strings) saddle width 38,5 mm / 24. fret 63 mm (4-strings) neck thickness: 1. fret 21 mm / 18. fret 24,5 mm bolt-on neck Wenge fingerboard long scale 86,4 cm 24 frets from patented bronze / silver alloy chrome hardware active or passive MEC P/J pickups 4-strings) active or passive MEC electronic 1 Volume, 1 Balance, 2 tone pots Bass and Treble, and 1 Pick-up pan 2-piece Warwick bridge length 111.5 cm (4-strings) weight 4 kg (4-strings)[/font][/color] [/size][/i]

Edited by shemeckfrac