Why become a member? ×

ACG 01 preamp help

badboy1984

I have ACG 0078 J Type 5 string. Is a P/J 5 string bass with the ACG 01 Preamp.

I have the bass for awhile now and still trying to figure out the perfect tone and sound for me, i use the bass every now and then.

It have 4 stack now which are vol/blend, 2x Low pass filter and 1x high pass filter.

I understand the vol/blend control and i know what the lower ring on the low/high pass filter does. On the low pass filter it give me more low end if i roll it anti colockwise etc.

What does upper ring (gain) do on the pass filter? I kinda mess around with it and couldn't figure it out so i just left it on centre. Is it the same gain principal on bass amp?

Edited by badboy1984

What he said. The upper ring adds a boost at the cut of frequency of the filter which is set by the lower ring.

The lower ring does not add bass as you turn it ACW it reduces the higher frequencies the bass is always present it is the higher frequencies that you either let through the filter or don't. To increase the baas the upper ring will boost which ever frequency you select with the lower ring. So if the lower ring is fully anti clockwise you can boost the area between 70 and 100 Hz.

Edited by skelf

I understand the lower ring cuts the high freq as I turn anti clockwise.

Like you said the upper boost the gain on the freq I adjusted.

So for example of the neck pickup is turn a quarter anti clockwise and the bridge pickup turn a quarter clockwise. The gain on the neck pickup is turn fully clockwise and the gain on bridge left at centre.

What does it do?