Why become a member? ×

Customised Fender 1996 50th Anniversary US Deluxe Jazz 5 string
£899

bassbloke

[color=#000000]You are bidding on a unique, heavily customised American Deluxe 5-string Jazz bass.[/color]

[color=#000000]The core of this bass is a 1996 50th Anniversary Edition American Deluxe 5 string with an alder body, graphite reinforced maple neck and rosewood fingerboard. The 50th anniversary hologram sticker is on the reverse of the headstock.[/color][list]
[*]The bass has been professionally refinished by Insanarty Custom Art with a unique airbrush ‘bowling ball’ paint effect and lacquered. The refinish is super tough and looks stunning under natural and stage lights.
[*]The stock pickups have been replaced with Fender Noiseless Pickups, which are much less aggressive sounding than the original pickups and suit the instrument. The pickups are less prone to hum than the originals, so you can solo pickups.
[*]The stock preamp was, IMHO, noisy and very poorly constructed so was replaced with an Audere Deluxe Jazz retro fit preamp. I specifically chose the dual volume 2-band EQ model over the 3 band/pickup pan model as the buffer on the latter model resulted in the pickups being much louder when soloed. This bass sounds fantastic – it has that Jazz bass ‘nasal’ quality and sounds great played fingerstyle, slap or pick. The combination of dual volume, 2 band EQ, pickups impedance selector switch and passive tone provides a huge range of very useable tones. The preamp also has a useful battery indicator.
[*]The stock Gotoh tuners have been replaced with Hipshot ultralite mini cloverleaf tuners. These look much nicer and improve balance.
[/list]
[color=#000000]The instrument has been well cared for.[/color][list]
[*]The bass has had a professional Plek fret dress and fret ends nicely capped.
[*]Fingerboard is in good condition and the neck set very straight with a low action. The bass is strung through body with Fender superbass strings.
[*]It comes fitted with Schaller straplocks, a Fender USA moulded hardshell case and truss rod adjustment tool.
[*]The only notable marks are a couple of chips in the lacquer, which do not affect playability and a ding on the end of the headstock. There is very minor buckle rash on the back of the body – you need to look at it under a strong light to see it.
[*]It has spent the last 2 1/2 years in a case in a warm room.
[/list]
[color=#000000]I have set a fair asking price. I have two similar basses and am selling for a genuine reason. One too many band breakups, new job and a new found love of cycling means I want to sell this bass and put the money towards a shiny new time trial bike.[/color]

[color=#000000]I do not want to post instrument due to the logistics and risk. I am willing to deliver within 25 miles of KT6 for the cost of petrol, or you can collect it. There will be a cup of tea/coffee and, depending on the day of the week, some homemade cakes or biscuits as reward for your journey.[/color]

[color=#000000]I will also be listing my bass rig - A Tech Soundsystems TVM350 rackmount head, Tech Soundsystems TVM600 in Lizard Skins bag, Tech Soundsystems ND410S 4 x 10" bass cabinet (1200Watts) with custom padded cover and various other items.[/color]

[color=#000000]Thanks[/color]

[color=#000000][attachment=132536:WP_000600.jpg][attachment=132537:WP_000602.jpg][attachment=132538:WP_000603.jpg][attachment=132539:WP_000605.jpg][attachment=132540:WP_000606.jpg][attachment=132541:WP_000607.jpg][attachment=132542:WP_000597.jpg][attachment=132543:WP_000598.jpg][attachment=132544:WP_000599.jpg][attachment=132545:WP_000601.jpg][/color]

Edited by bassbloke

• 1 month later...